Friday, December 30, 2011

There Will Be A Reckoning



To quote the late John Denver who wrote...,  "Hey, it's good to be back home again".


After two and a half days of  blood tests, cultures, x-rays and 'hallway medicine', I was released from the hospital yesterday to return home.  Initially, I had reservations about this, as my symptoms hadn't improved to a point that I felt I was on the mend.  However, all the test results came back negative, and a change in drug treatment was prescribed.  


I came home to my own bed, home cooking, my loving wife and a very happy dog.    I'm feeling better today than I have in many weeks.  


Our thanks and gratitude go out to all of you, and there are many who sent messages of concern, your prayers, and strength for us both. 


I too, wish you a very Happy New Year!


Bruce







It was bound to happen!

I wrote a story that appeared in the last installment that was not entirely accurate.  The story was based on something that was shared with me over 45 years ago by an old-timer from the mountain country of the headwaters of the North Thompson River.

I realize that the odds of my source being unsure of the details are virtually non-existent, so..., the error must be mine.  And there is more than one error in the story of "the runaway log car".

The good news is that a number of readers have been thumping on the tom-toms and I now have a pretty good idea what really happened out there on that fateful day.  Information, recollections and theories have been pouring in for a couple of days and I will work on a re-write which should appear within the next few days. (It's New Years, after all)

Many thanks to those of you who have taken the time to fill in the blanks in my story, and many apologies to those of you will have to go back and read the even-more-exciting story a second time.

Let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very happy New Year.  From the warmth of our caboose to you in your homes, we wish you a very healthy and prosperous 2012.

The Harvey Family

No comments: